Monday, April 30, 2012

DWTS Season 14, Week 7 - Classical Night

I absolutely ADORE everything visual about the "classic" era, ruffles, brocade, powder wigs, and of course, men in tights! Though, there was not nearly enough of that in this episode. I will also confess, I don't know who any modern "classical" musicians are, so I dunno who the violinist dude and the singers were....I just salivated of the symphony playing with the band.  

Katherine and Mark – Rumba Judges said:
Len: Classic night and I've gotta say, a classic rumba. It had style and elegance.
Bruno: The unattainable object of desire, the embodiment of the power of the beauty merely toying with your subject. Of course, I like it a little raunchier. Technically, I have to say it was superb.
Carrie Ann: Technically in this competition, you are unmatched, but tonight I think your passion was a little placed.  
KT Says: Well helloooooo Mr. Ballas. Mark doesn't show his body much, but maybe he should! Cannon in D is one of my absolute favorite classical pieces, so it's always going to touch my heart, so I might be a little biased here, but that was an extremely creative interpretation of the music. I'd never think of doing a rumba to it, but I do have to be frank, it was a little slower than what I usually like, but it had to be to fit the music.  
Score they got: 27 Score 
I'd give 'em: 27  
Voting # 1-800-868-3410  

Melissa and Maks – Argentine Tango
Judges said:
Bruno: You really tried very hard, and I have to praise you for that, but at times you looked like you were riding The Cyclone on Coney Island. It wasn't clean.
Carrie Ann: It's sort of like Cirque du Soleil went terribly wrong.
Len: There was so much intensity that it did lose a bit of quality.
KT Says: -sings- We're men...we're men in tights....we roam around the forest looking for fights. The choreography itself was nice, but the dance as a whole was PAINFUL to watch. Overall I didn't care for the dance, there were too many mistakes.  
Score they got: 21  
Score I'd give 'em: 21  
Voting # 1-800-868-3407  

William and Cheryl – Viennese Waltz  
Judges said:
Carrie Ann: That is what I was looking for. That was true content and true dancing.
Len: I wasn't exactly transported to Vienna, but it was close, I was in Austria. Like a fiddler's elbow, you've been up and down and this week you were up.
Bruno: You have captured the purity and ethereal quality of the song. That was so touching.  
KT Says: I disagree with the judges' comments. William and Cheryl did have the advantage of a dance that is actually meant to be danced to classical music. I felt William's injuries unfortunately did show. It seemed like Cheryl did all the dancing. BTW, Holy crap, I can't believe that tiny little girl can sing like that!!  
Score they got: 27  
Score I'd give 'em: 25  
Voting # 1-800-868-3408  

Roshon and Chelsie – Argentine Tango  
Judges said:
Len: I like the transitions into the lifts. Your feet looked a little awkward. Overall it was clean and confident.
Bruno: Roshon the man, most of the time very clean, but Len is right, you have to have strength in your legs.
Carrie Ann: That was you being steady on your feet!  
KT Says: I'm not a Lady Gaga fan AT ALL, ut I gotta say the orchestral interpretation was brilliant! A technical glitch made us all miss a few seconds. I thought the dance overall was beautiful. I don't think Val's Think Like a Man lesson quite penetrated, but still a good job. 
Score they got: 26  
Score I'd give 'em: 26
Voting # 1-800-868-3405  

Donald and Peta – Viennese Waltz
Judges said: Bruno:You've got it and thank you I LOVED IT! Carrie Ann: I didn't SEE a lift. I love your intensity makes your moves so strong. Len: I thought it was terrific!  
KT Says:
I LOVE THEIR COSTUMES!!! Brocade is sexy. Donald was just a smidgen stiff in a few places, but overall I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT! I can say no more.
Score they got: 27  
Score I'd give 'em: 27  
Voting # 1-800-868-3403  

Maria and Derek – Paso Doble
Judges said:
(I missed some of the comments because my grandma called) Carrie Ann: You DID suck. That was amazing. Len: Fantastic Bruno: The Queen of the night!
KT Says: WOW....PERFECT! 

Score they got: 30
Score I'd give 'em: 30  
Voting # 1-800-868-3401  

Jaleel and Kym – Viennese Waltz
Judges said: Len: I liked it enough not to be cruel but I didn't like it enough to be kind. There was no footwork. Bruno: I think content wise, I couldn't ask for more. You sometimes have the tendency to throw your arms. Carrie Ann: Don't lose your confidence.  
KT Says:
Overall, it was generally light and airy and flowy and technically very good, but something was lacking that I couldn't quite put my finger on. It was a bit imprecise and repetitive. I feel like Len, I didn't hate it I just wasn't crazy about it.  
Score they got: 24  
Score I'd give 'em: 25  
Voting # 1-800-868-3412  

Best Dance:  Maria & Derek's Paso Doble

Worst Dance: Melissa & Maks's

Who should go: Melissa
Who probably will go: Melissa or Roshon (I think Roshon did well, but he doesn't have the fanbase that others have and he's been in the bottom two several times now)



Team Dances: I dunno what to think of this whole thing. I enjoy the general concept but I don't know how I feel about the judges' scores being added to the totals.

Team Tango: Katherine & Mark, Maria & Derek, Roshon & Chelsie, Jaleel & Kym
Judges said:
Len: Maria and Roshon were the standout parts. It was a mix of the good bad and the ugly.
Bruno: The choreography was outstanding. Roshon, a revelation!
Carrie Ann: All of you were so tight and so in sync!

KT Says: Absolutely awesome and creative as hell! I loved the opening with Katherine "conducting" the show. They were very precise and in sync during the group parts and each couple's solo was pretty darn skippy too. Jaleel and Kym had one little misstep that I noticed. As expected, Katherine and Mark were the to crown jewel of the dance. Roshon showed amazing maturity and control in his solo. Where was that earlier today?!
Score they got: 27
Score I'd give 'em: 27 (I would have given all 9s, not a 10 like Carrie Ann or an 8 like Len)

Team Meat Market Team Paso: William & Cheryl, Melissa & Maks, Donald & Peta
Judges said:
Bruno: More muscle power than the avengers. There was a bit of a loss of sync but you guys are superheroes!
Carrie Ann: That was so much fun! That is going to go down in history as the fan favorite Paso Doble.
Len: It was fire and ice. Hot in the performance, cool in the execution, great job!

KT Says: OMG "O FORTUNA" IS ONE OF MY VERY VERY VERY FAVORITE HOT WANNA LIKE...MAKE OUT TO IN A WEIRD WAY CLASSICAL PIECES! -fans self- Melissa looked better than I expected...unfortunately, William looked worse. Donald misstepped a but and parts were out of sync. Most noticeably the guys with the skirts. However, the dance as a whole was so incredibly hot. Sex on a stick³

Score they got: 26
Score I'd give 'em: 26

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment