Monday, May 14, 2012

DWTS Season 14 Week 9 - Semifinals

William and Cheryl - Tango

Judges said:
Len: I've not been this excited since my mother put me in long trousers. This is going to be the best semi-finals ever. I've got to be really critical. Overall, terrific. I'd have liked a tighter hold.
Bruno: Powerful, firm, convincing, full of animal magnetism. You were like the dictator of the tango.
Carrie Ann: Your lines were gorgeous, BUT your chaînés were out of control in the beginning.

KT says: Something was missing and I think it was fire and creative choreography which is generally Cheryl's specialty. I also saw a little more chacha than I care for in a tango. I hate to say it, but I was disappointed.
What they got: 28
What I'd give 'em: 26
Voting #:
1-800-VOTE4-08


Katherine and Mark - Quickstep
Judges said:
Bruno: The gangster mob, the thrill of the chase and amazing technique.
CarrieAnn: In order to make it to the finals, you have to bring your A game and I don't think you did that.....I think you brought your A+ game! That might be the best dance I've ever seen on DWTS!
Len: Well I knew you could sing, but honestly Katherine you can DANCE! There was a little foot fault thing, I do apologize I have to bring that up, but overall a fabulous number.
KT says: I saw a few missteps, but she nailed the more complex footwork. Again, I didn't think the choreography was that spectacular, but to be fair the quickstep doesn't allow for too much creativity.
What they got: 29
What I'd give 'em: 27
Voting #:
1-800-VOTE4-10


Donald and Peta - Waltz
Judges said:
CarrieAnn: You were so dreamy. That was so emotional...unfortunately there were a few times your feet didn't really finish the steps. It was still a fantastically mesmerizing dance
Len: It took me back to a different era. It was absolutely charming. I'm sure Peta has told you over an over to keep your head to the left. You're like a big, rough, tough cream puff.
Bruno: Donald, it's much harder to impress with a Waltz than a tango or quickstep and you did that. You are extremely light on your feet, you extended your lines better than ever. It was like watching romance blossoming right in front of my eyes.
KT says: Something weird was going on with his arms in the very beginning, I think it was his shoulders, but I generally found it a stunning performance.
What they got: 28
What I'd give 'em: 27
Voting #:
1-800-VOTE4-03


Maria and Derek - Argentine Tango
Judges said:
Len: (inaudible over the crowd) It was a silent fabulous.
Bruno: Tailored, tight, titillating. What you've achieved is absolutely utterly fabulous.
CarrieAnn: I remember when you first started ad the journey and the transformation has gone on.....I'm so proud of you.
KT says: I liked the curtain. It showed the precision of their first few steps. The choreography was very creative as Derek always provides. There were a few awkward ankles on Maria's part, but overall perfection.
What they got: 30
What I'd give 'em: 30
Voting #:
1-800-VOTE4-01

VOTING NUMBERS REMAIN THE SAME FOR SECOND ROUND


William and Cheryl - Samba
Judges said:
Bruno: You savored the flavor of sexy Brazil.
CarrieAnn: You had me at Hello! Your bounce was like a thrust which took it to a-whole-nother level.
Len: I've never looked at a man's bum for such a long time. The rhythm that you brought out was just fantastic.
KT says: The technique was good, but I didn't see that much genuine samba from him. He seemed to be missing the fire again, even though the judges totally disagree with me.
What they got: 30
What I'd give 'em: 27
Voting#:
1-800-VOTE4-08

Katherine and Mark - Salsa
Judges said:
CarrieAnn: That was just fantastic, I'm so sorry that the ending didn't work out. It's like you hung out with Beyonce over the weekend.
Len: I just wrote Katherine the Great, the Wonder Woman. You just came out and gave it 100%
Bruno: Don't worry about what happened, because it happens to everyone. Up until that point, it was wonderful so don't worry, darling.
KT says: Honestly, not my favorite of hers. I think she felt self conscious in her costume and it showed. The misstep at the end really upset her, understandably.
What they got: 27
What I'd give 'em: 26
Voting #:
1-800-VOTE4-10

Donald and Peta - Samba
Judges said:
Len: It was a little bit careful but, bottom line, I liked it.
Bruno: you took a big risk and you won
CarrieAnn: I thought that was A+ game. 
KT says: Honestly, I started with low expectations. I was surprised. It still wasn't great, but better than I expected. His feet were a bit off in spots, I won't deny it, but way better than I expected.
What they got: 29
What I'd give 'em: 27
Voting #:
1-800-VOTE4-03

Maria and Derek - Jive
Judges said:
Bruno: What I really like is all the quirky and unexpected details. It shouldn't have worked, but it did.
CarrieAnn: You are a winner tonight!
Len: It wasn't a traditional jive where you get lots of kicks and flicks.
KT says: I loved the irony of her being passed out on the hospital table, but then they didn't keep upwith the theme. Something seemed stiff about the whole thing. It's probably because their first dance was so spectacular that this one just seemed bla in comparison. I didn't care for it. I saw almost no jive.
What they got: 29
What I'd give 'em: 25
Voting #:
1-800-VOTE4-01

Leaderboard:  
Maria and Derek: 59
William and Cheryl: 58
Donald and Peta: 57
Katherine and Mark: 56

Best dance of the night: Maria and Derek's Argentine Tango
Worst dance of the night: This might be a first that the same folks had both the best and worst dances in my eyes, but I have to say Maria and Derek's Jive.


Who should go: William
Who probably will go: I absolutely HATE to say it, but Katherine Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment