Monday, April 23, 2012

DWTS Week 6 - Motown Night

A few general comments.....

OMG I LOVE MOTOWN (not just because I was born there) I CAN'T BELIEVE SMOKY AND MARTHA AND THE TEMPTATIONS ARE THERE!

Yikes, white people trying to sing Motown.

Was somebody groping Len under the desk? He was awfully giddy today.

I'm FINALLY going to ease up on the costume crew because all of this week's costumers were wonderful. They all actually fit the everyone's body types and dances very well.....except for Chelsie's. Srlsy, what was that?

I realized I haven't been giving any love or hate to the hair and makeup crew. They've been doing fantastically on everything as far as I'm concerned.


Gladys and Tristan – Rumba
Judges said:
Len: If I could judge purely with my heart, you'd be the top of my leader board. You're not the best dancer, but you're the most charismatic dancer.
Bruno: You have star quality, but I like my rumba a bit steamier.
Carrie Ann: If any night is going to belong to anyone tonight is going to belong to you, but the truth is there were a lot of forgetful moments.

KT says: It was a rather magic moment considering all the history behind it. A gorgeous costume on Gladys combined with slow, sensual styling and topped off by a live performance be The Temptations, you can't help but be a little in love. This was Gladys's best dance by far! Their slower but more precise approach seemed to fit her better than same of the other styles they've tried. I have to say the dip was super awkward...but the nerd glasses on Tristan were super cute.

Score they got: 21
Score I'd give 'em: 21
Voting # 1-800-868-3411

Maria and Derek – Foxtrot
Judges said:
Bruno: That was a gleaming blend of sophistication with elegance.
Carrie Ann: It was so precise. The slip threw you off a little and at the end your shoulders came up a bit.
Len: In hold it was correct and formal, out of hold it was fun and free.

KT says: OMG HER DRESS! I STEALZ IT!!! Also, Martha Reeves (whose dress I also stealz)! Admittedly, Foxtrot is NOT my favorite dance because it has the potential to be really boring. Maria and Derek's dance was good, but it was still a Foxtrot, so I might be biased, but I was a little bored. Maria did pretty well faking class. I can't say I didn't notice a few awkward steps here and there, but a huge improvement over last week.

Score they got: 26
Score I'd give 'em: 24
Voting # 1-800-868-3401

Roshon and Chelsie – Rumba
Judges said:
Carrie Ann: In general, I thought your movement were a bit over
exaggerated.
Len: The movement was clipped and jerky like painting by numbers.
Bruno: What you lack in size you make up in fire, but it was almost like hip hop.

KT says: Roshon is such a goofball that this was REALLY hard to pull off in the first place. Slow and sensual is just not his strength. He managed to pull it off decently, but I agree with Len, it was quite jerky and awkward in several places.

Score they got: 23
Score I'd give 'em: 23
Voting # 1-800-868-3405

Katherine and Mark – Samba
Judges said:
Len: Was there an earthquake or did Katherine shake this place up?
Bruno: WHOA BABY BABY BABY YOU CAN BOUNCE! The marriage of Brazil with funky town has never been so exhilarating!
Carrie Ann: You let loose, that was amazing!

KT says: Samba is, in my opinion, the HARDEST of all the dances. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I didn't really care for this dance. It's disappointing because Katherine has been the best since the start. This dance was still "good" compared to the other contestants, but for Katherine's standard, it was a flop. It was flat, lacked sparkle, and just didn't move me at all, which I really, REALLY hate to say.

Score they got: 29
Score I'd give 'em: 24
Voting # 1-800-868-3410

Donald and Peta – Foxtrot
Judges said:
Bruno: You are a showman! Pizazz, confidence, power, you put so much into it. Your performances get better and better.
Carrie Ann: You were so in your zone!
Len: I know you were disappointed with me last week and I thought you were going to show me some fireworks. You didn't. You came out and EXPLODED on the floor!

KT says: Welp, I'm gonna have to go ahead and steal Peta's dress too. Also, HOLY SHIT THE TEMPTATIONS SINGING "THE WAY YOU DO THE THING YOU DO!!!!" That's one of my favorites. Anyway, once again, I don't like the Foxtrot generally because it's boring. Donald's arms were a little awkward at points and there was a little teetering during the dip step, but overall, I think he did as well as anyone can do with a Foxtrot. It wasn't as good as his tango last week, but it was still pretty great. I knew he wouldn't get that 10 from Len....almost no one ever gets a 10 from Len.

Score they got: 27
Score I'd give 'em: 27
Voting # 1-800-868-3403

Melissa and Maks – Viennese Waltz
Judges said:
Carrie Ann: You worked so hard and it is FINALLY paying off. I see artistry blossoming in you.
Len: I saw rotation, I saw romance, I saw control, you lost a bit of energy as it got to the end.
Bruno: Wonderful rotation. You kept your connection with Maks, now I know what gets you going. Towards the end you got a little puffed out, but you're really going in the right direction.

KT says: A redhead in a green dress is always poetry in motion and as a redhead myself, this little poem would have probably beaten the shit out of Maks this week. Melissa's arms were awkward, and she seemed to be tuckered out toward the end, but overall this has been her best dance, so maybe there's something to being a total prick...or maybe it's just the shaving.

Score they got: 24
Score I'd give 'em: 24
Voting # 1-800-868-3407

Jaleel and Kym – Cha Cha Cha
Judges said:
Len: Jaleel week 1, I thought this guy was a contender, then things didn't quite work as I thought...you're back.
Bruno: YOU BURNED THAT FLOOR!
Carrie Ann: Consider the A game BROUGHT TO THE TABLE!


KT says: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG ONE OF MY OTHER FAVORITES "AIN'T TOO PROUD TO BEG!!!!!" That was pretty friggin awesome. I have nothing critical to say to be honest.

Score they got: 29
Score I'd give 'em: 29
Voting # 1-800-868-3412

William and Cheryl – Rumba
Judges said:
Bruno: William, absolutely, utter filth and I loved every minute of it.
Carrie Ann: I am gonna tell you something, I don't think that was your best dance. I think there were moments where you guys got disconnected.
Len: For me, it was a little on the raunchy side. I found it a little harsh.

KT says: It really should be illegal for William to wear clothes...Maybe that's a piece of legislation that could give the Republicans a fighting chance in the election....just sayin'. Now that he knows all that hip action can you imag--oh, fine, I'll stop. I think it was pretty damn steamy, though I do agree with Carrie Ann that there were a few moments of disconnection. It wasn't his best dance, but it was still -fans self-.

Score they got: 27
Score I'd give 'em: 26
Voting # 1-800-868-3408


Best dance of the night: Jaleel and Kym's chacha
Worst dance of the night: None of them were bad, but I have to say the letdown factor forces me to choose Katherine and Mark. They're the only couple that didn't touch my heart in any way.
Who SHOULD go: Gladys or Melissa
Who probably will go: Roshon


THE DANCE MARATON:
I love this because it gives people a glimpse into what real ballroom is like. It was honestly a little hard for me to follow because there is so much going on at one time. Right away I noticed Gladys being a little slow....which is why Gladys was the first out. Maria I also noticed early on, as did the judges, so she was tapped out next. The other one I noticed slowing was Melissa, but Roshon and Chelsea were tapped next, Melissa was next naturally. Donald and Peta got knocked out next, which I can't say I agree with because what I saw looked pretty spectacular. Jaleel and Kym were knocked out next leaving Katherine and Mark to face off against William and Cheryl. This was a tough call but I felt that William should have been taken out next because Katherine was back to her sharp, precise, semi-pro self....and TADAAAA William was next. I was glad to see Katherine win because it made up for their earlier lackluster dance.


Stalk me on twitter: @KTRantingRedhed
Look at my junk: http://ktrantingredhead.blogspot.com/
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment